Re: junk on tty after x crash

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 10:42:06AM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> I'm not sure what the problem is here. If you mean you want to surpress the
> output that startx produces, do:
>
> startx > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> If you'd rather keep it for later:
>
> startx > ~/.startx-output.log 2>&1
>
> Or am I not understanding your problem?

Sorry, obviously I didn't make myself clear: according to my inittab
settings, the first available tty for X is tty11. If for some reason X
cannot shut down properly, tty11 is left with some useless character(s)
which obviously forces X to attach itself to another tty (in my case
tty13) when I start it again next time.

If I issue "deallocvt 11", it says that the device is busy.

What can I do to clean that messy tty11 and make it usable again?

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates