Re: Exim4 return-path header

Miquel van Smoorenburg a écrit :

> In article <[🔎] 200408250019.56269.vive.linuxshadoko@belgacom.net>,
> Eddy  <vive.linuxshadoko@belgacom.net> wrote:

>>What should I do in order to have "Return-path" and "Sender" headers
>>added by Exim to be exactly the same as the "From" header created by
>>my mail client ?
>
> Make sure your mail client calls exim with the correct options
> to set this header. I'm not sure if kmail can do that, the right
> incantation for mutt is 'set envelope_from'.
>
> Alternatively, let exim listen on port 25 on localhost, and tell
> kmail to use SMTP server localhost:25 to deliver mail. Probably
> kmail will use the same address for MAIL FROM: and From: and
> that will solve your problem nicely.

Thanks a lot Mike.

I didn't find what to do with your first suggestion but the second one
(using smtp to localhost) works perfectly.  I never thought about it
because I thought that using sendmail was equivalent to an smtp to
localhost. Obviously it is not.

Just a little sidenote for non English Kmail users : Kmail complained when
contacting smtp localhost that the server didn't accept 8 bit messages
and wanted me to use Quoted Printable instead (I hate QP cause I want my
messages to be readable by a basic text editor).
Yet telneting to localhost showed that exim4 responds well to my ehlo
command (of course it does !).  I finally found a work around here :
	http://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2004/04/msg00357.html
and added "accept_8bitmime = true" to my
	/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template

--
Eddy (remove shadoko from address)

                "En essayant continuellement, on finit par réussir
                 Donc : plus ça rate, plus on a de chance que ça marche"
		                                 Les Shadoks