Mixman Support, Info, and Service FAQ.

Thank you for contacting Mixman Technologies, Inc.

We very much appreciate your business or your inquiry about our products
and services and we will make every effort to resolve your issues and
answer your questions as efficiently and quickly as possible.

The Mixman Support & Service FAQ provides information on a wide variety
of topics and the solutions you will need to resolve almost any problem
you may encounter when using Mixman software.

To launch the Mixman Support and Service FAQ, double-click the attached
HTML document.

Receipt of this FAQ auto-reply serves as confirmation that we have
received your e-mail, and your inquiry is in our queue.  We have prepared
as much material online and within the documentation to help resolve
potential customer issues and questions as possible. Once you have
completed reviewing the entire FAQ, if you still cannot gain resolution,
there are instructions on what to do next.

Happy Mixin,

Team Mixman
Title: Thank you for contacting Mixman Technologies Support

MIXMAN SUPPORT, SERVICE AND INFO TOPICS

To select a topic, click on the text.

Credit Card Issues

I'm having difficulty ordering online with my credit card. What should I do?
Please send an email to service@mixman.com with the subject line "PURCHASE ISSUE" Please include a telephone number where you can be reached; the email you used to purchase and an order number if you were supplied with one.

I’d like to dispute a charge from Mixman.com that has appeared on my credit card statement. Mixman.com charged my card for the incorrect amount. What should I do?
Please send an email to service@mixman.com with the subject line, "CHARGE DISPUTE" and include your first and last name and a telephone number where you can be reached.

Pre-Purchase Questions

What forms of payment does Mixman Technologies accept?
Mixman Technologies accepts VISA and MasterCard as payment for purchases from Mixman.com. By March 2004, we will be accepting Pay Pal.

Where can I purchase Mixman products?
Mixman products are available online at www.mixman.com. For our latest product offerings visit the Specials Page. Certain Mixman products, like DM2 are found at major retailers like Target, Best Buy, Comp USA, Circuit City and others.

DM2 and other Mixman products will be available internationally in 2004.

Installation Issues

I'm unable to validate a Mixman downloadable product. What should I do?
Please send an email to service@mixman.com with the subject line "VALIDATION". Please include your order number, validation keys and the email address you used for the purchase. Please remember that downloadable Mixman products require a "live internet connection" to validate the installation key.

I downloaded the demo, "Studio Pro (Free Version)", and I don’t have a key to install the software. What can I do?
Upon the completion of the download, we send a confirmation to the email address you specified in our Download Manager. Typically you will receive the email within 10 minutes. If you do not receive the email, return to the Download Manger and re-enter your email address, as it may have been entered incorrectly the first time.

I entered the key I was sent for "Studio Pro (Free Version)", and the installer says the key is invalid.
Try deleting all the text in the key field, and re-entering by hand. Copy-and-Paste often picks up an extra space, which causes the key to be rejected.

DM2 Hardware

I plugged the DM2 into my USB port but my computer does not recognize it.
Plugging the controller into your USB port before installing the DM2 software is the most common cause of errors during installation. To correct this, you must remove any incorrect entries in the Device Manager and allow Windows® to detect the controller again. If you have a PS2 mouse and standard keyboard:

  • Unplug the DM2 controller.
  • Check Device Manager for an incorrect driver installation:
  • Click Start/ Settings/ Control Panel.
  • Double-click the System icon.
  • Go to the Device Manager tab.
  • If you see a listing for an unknown device, click on the "? USB Device" and then click on Remove.
  • Make sure that the DM2 CD is in the CD drive and click the Refresh button. Windows® should correctly install the controller driver.

To verify the installation, open the Device Manager in the System Control Panel. Windows® should show the controller and display it in the USB category as shown below. Close the Device Manager and retry the DM2 software.

When installing the DM2 on Windows XP I’m prompted that the DM2 drivers is not "Microsoft Certified". Should I proceed with installation?
Yes, select the option to proceed with installation of the driver. The DM2 driver will not harm your system.

Are there XP drivers for the DM2?
Yes. Please visit www.mixman.com/DM2 and click on the "Updates" tab.

Are there any updates available for the DM2?
Yes. Please visit www.mixman.com/DM2 and click on the “Updates” tab.

I lost my DM2 CD. Can I download it from the web site?
No. But we can provide a replacement CD for $9.95. In addition there will be a cost of $3.85 for shipping and handling. Please send a money order to the following address:
     Mixman Technologies
     PO Box 330042
     SF, CA 94133
The other available option is to email us a phone number where you can be reached. We can accept payment by VISA or MasterCard over the phone.

Operating System Compatibility

Which operating systems are compatible with Mixman products?

Windows 98

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Mac OS

DM2

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Studio

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Studio Pro

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Studio XPro

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

TrackCreator

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

BeatCreator

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

I'm running a Professional version of Windows. Are the special concerns I should be aware of?
All of our customers who run Mixman products on Windows professional operating systems, XP and 2000 must do so in the Administrator mode.

The support of Mixman products on multi-user operating systems is new territory for us, and also for the world at large. Only recently did we see this shift in operating systems, beginning with the release of Win2K, and now WinXP professional. As we spec future Mixman products, support for multi-user operating systems will become an area of evaluation, and possible implementation for Mixman. Again, at this point we do not permit this support.

Upgrading

I have an old version of Mixman that won't run under XP, how can I upgrade?
Visit our website to view our current upgrade offers.

I'd like to upgrade an existing version of Mixman. How can I upgrade?
Visit our website to view our current upgrade offers.

Note: it is very important that we have a valid email address for you in our system. Many of our offers come to users via email ONLY. If you are unsure as to whether we have your current or active email, then send an email to service@mixman.com with the Subject line, " UPDATING EMAIL". In the body of the email list your name, your new or current email, and any past email you may have been registered under. If you own a product, you can provide your mailing address if you want us to update that as well. Finally, the current FREE Mixman StudioPro download will run under XP, and is an opportunity to verify compatibility.

Sound Content

I'd like to use Mixman samples for commercial production. How can I obtain licensing information?
It's important for you to understand the terms that govern your use of Mixman software, of Mixman Singles™, Soundiscs™, D*Plates™ and of other .TRK files, especially with regard to performance rights. While these agreements are included with the both the software and any separate audio content provided by Mixman, further questions can be answered by emailing service@mixman.com, with the Subject line "LICENSING".

Note: As a general rule, artist songs (D-Plates, are for personal use only), genre-based songs (non-artist Singles) are usually royalty free. There are exceptions and it’s best to check for each TRK what is or is not permitted.

How can I download more sounds for the demo, "Studio Pro Free Version"?
Visit http://www.mixman.com/promo/studioprofreemusic

In addition, Mixman has a catalog of Singles and D-Plates under the Music section of the website and there are often additional FREE downloads.

Of course there are many more available for purchase, and under the Specials section of the website are great ways to add sounds and songs to your library while saving money.

Finally, we offer Sound libraries called "Soundiscs", there are generally by style and come shipped to you in the mail.

Replacement Keys, CDs, and Documentation

I lost my install key (or) I had to reformat my hard drive. What can I do?
Visit http://www.mixman.com/, and click on the Shopping Cart link. Login into your "Mixman Account", and select "Past Purchases" to access the keys issued to you for validation of your purchase.

My keys don't work anymore, what can I do?
Please send an email to service@mixman.com with the subject line "EXPIRED KEYS". Please include the key and the email address you use when you attempt to validate a Mixman product.

Where can I obtain documentation for my Mixman product?
Visit http://www.mixman.com/html_f/support_docs.html to download documentation for several Mixman products.

Note: The documentation for Mixman StudioXPro incorporates the features of Mixman Studio and Mixman StudioPro. There is currently only one Reference Card and one Manual for all of the download products. The applications themselves have context-sensitive-help, just click on the “?” question mark symbol in the application and roll over anything on the screen for a more detailed explanation.

Software Won't Run

When I launch StudioXPro, StudioPro, Studio, or DM2 under XP I get a "Mixman has encountered a problem and has to close" error.
If you own Studio, StudioPro, or StudioXPro, visit http://www.mixman.com/, and click on the Shopping Cart link. Login into your "Mixman Account", and select "Past Purchases" to access your previous purchase. Click the download button to access an updated version of the software that resolves this error. If you continue to have problems, please email service@mixman.com with the subject line, ".EXE ERROR".

If you own a Demo, just re-download the current FREE Download. All downloads have been updated to correct a known bug with machines faster than 2.3ghz.

Sound Problems

I experience static or distortion when I use Mixman. What should I do?
Go into the Mixman options. While in the Control Room, click the + symbol. Click the "Soundcard" tab. The Latency Settings reflect 5 variables, which you can change.

Input the following numbers:
     Minimum: 4
     Normal: 12
     Maximum: 36
     Max Voices: 36
     Editor: 50

Click the "Ok" button. This will return you to the Mixman Options dialog box.

Click on the Display tab and select the option to "Give CPU sound priority".

Shipping, Downloading, Order Status

Where can I download my purchase of a Mixman downloadable product?
Visit http://www.mixman.com/, and click on the "Shopping Cart" link. Login into your "Mixman Account", and select "Past Purchases" to access a previous purchase of downloadable products and the any keys issued to you to validate your purchase. If you continue to have problems accessing your purchase, please email service@mixman.com with the subject line, "DOWNLOADABLE PURCHASE".

How long will it take for my order from Mixman.com to arrive?
Domestic orders are shipped UPS Ground, and usually arrive in 5-10 business days. Whereas, International order are sent by DHL air, and usually arrive to their destination within 3-5 days. Often times, customs can delay the delivery of a shipment by an additional 3-7 days.

I want the tracking information for my order (and/or) where is my order?
Upon shipment of your order, we will send you an email that includes your tracking number. If you do not receive this email, please email service@mixman.com with the subject line, "TRACKING NUMBER REQUEST".

Can I re-download a past purchase that I made?
Yes. Visit http://www.mixman.com/, and click on the "Shopping Cart" link. Login into your "Mixman Account", and select "Past Purchases" to access a previous purchase of downloadable products and the any keys issued to you to validate your purchase.

How much does the DM2 weigh when shipped?
The DM2 ships at a weight of 5 pounds.

Registration

How can I register my Mixman product?
If you buy a download product from Mixman.com, your products will be automatically registered at purchase time.

If you are a DM2 user, launch the Mixman DM2 software and in the Song Selection Screen go to the menu item "Get More Music" and select it. (Make sure you are connected to the Internet) This will take you to a special location where you can register your DM2 and receive a FREE Vintage D-Plate to add to your library of songs and tracks.

If you have an older boxed product, clothing, or some other item that is not a DM2, nor a download software product or downloadable sounds, then check the Support section of the website as we will be updating the general registration area. You can always send an email to service@mixman.com and request to register. Provide your name, email, and the specific products you own. If you received a FREE product then just list the name of that product.

MP3 and Mixman

Can I load my own MP3’s into the DM2 and mix them as though I were using real turntables?
No, Mixman TRK files are full CD-quality and there is no need to down-sample them to lower resolution. The Mixman product line applies the techniques of a DJ - scratching, cross fading, and beat matching - to music creation. In addition, because of the way Mixman is designed with 16 to 32 trigger keys for real-time performance, it would not make much sense or sound very good to trigger complete MP3 songs - 16 at a time.

However, coming in 2004, will be a new Mixman Application that allows MP3 true-DJing with DM2 controller. This will be available to anyone who owns a working DM2 controller. This will allow users to load one MP3 on each virtual turntable and then do DJ tricks. It will also allow "load-on-the-fly", which means you can keep loading MP3s without stopping in between.

How can I use my own Wav files in Mixman products? Or can I mix songs from my CD, or MP3 collection?
Wav files can be used in Mixman products, but it is risky to import an entire audio track, or full-length song. It’s designed for individual sounds, riffs and loops. See the manual on how to get the best settings for Wav files. Also, when you Record an external audio source in Mixman, it is loaded and saved as a Wav.

We offer a very powerful tool that takes audio files (Wav and others) in five different formats and converts them to a proprietary Mixman TRK file. For more information on the Zero-X TrackCreator and Zero-X BeatCreator visit http://www.mixman.com/software.

I need to talk to someone or need specific answers not covered by the FAQ. What should I do?

Mixman does not offer direct phone service. However, we will call you if a problem warrants it.

We also do not offer 24-hour, 7 day a week support. We are a small company with a small staff. You do not need to keep emailing us over and over if only a few days have gone by. We try to get back to folks as quickly as possible however, depending on timing it can take up to 5 business days to get back to someone.

We apologize for the delays and we also can assure you that if it’s a credit card matter, if we are in the wrong, it will be straightened out, we will make good on any accounting errors. Please keep in mind, that we do not offer refunds for download software.

If you are unsure, then you should try our FREE demo first, and our free downloads of documentation to read up on all the features. We allow you to try before you buy. It’s your duty to be a smart consumer to be sure that Mixman is right for you.

If you need to write to us with more details, make sure to:

Please provide the following information, and email service@mixman.com. Note we only provide technical support for Studio, Studio Pro, StudioXPro, DM2, and other for sale products offered at Mixman.com.

Order Number: (if you purchased from Mixman.com)
Email you used to register Mixman product:
Key or Serial Number:

Operating system:
Processor type and speed:
Amount of system RAM:
Sound card manufacturer and model:
Video card manufacturer and model:
Type of Internet Connection: DSL, cable-modem

What errors or warning messages are generated?
Where/when does the error occur?

I have general questions about products, features, promotions or a non-technical topic. What should I do?

Please send your questions to info@mixman.com.

I have a question about policies or conducting business with Mixman Technologies. What should I do?

Please send your questions to info@mixman.com.