Re: Mount Netware crazyness

Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to mount a netware file system on my woody box.
> I have the ncpfs package installed.
>
> Here's the catch:
> I actually want to pull the drive out of the netware box, and
> slap into my woody box. Then just mount it directly somewhere on
> the system.
> Something like this:
>
> # mount -t ncpfs /dev/sda1 /mnt
>
> I wonder if the above command requires username and password?
> Anyone try this? You think it will work?
> Why am I doing this?
> Well I have to transfer over about 80 Gigs worth of data and don't
> want to re-fire up the novell box, and then use a network copy transfer.
> May take too long. It would be nice if I can just pull the drive out and
> place into my Debian box.

I don't think that's presently possible if you're using NSS.  When
Novell release Open Enterprise Server, this should be easy, if they
deliver on everything they say they can, but for now, it's going to have
to be done "the hard way".  Make sure you use -A hostname in the
ncpmount command to force use of TCP/IP.

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>