Re: Linux is not for consumers!

Cletus H Baird III wrote:

Go to your local bookstore and buy a copy of Linux Format Magazine with either Fedora Core2 or Mandrake 10. Mandrake is easiest to install on all types of networks, the distro will almost do it for you! You just choose what you want to set up; it will probe and configure. Most of the distros found on their magazines are complete for HD installation. I am 61 yrs old running dual boot WindowsXp and Mandrake 10 on a Pentium II box..If I can, you can. I like my linux better than windows (any flavor). My old box can't run some of the newer stuff that requires 6oo mhz processor or better..but Redhat,Mandrake, and Fedora always work. Debian is cool! but its much harder to configure!

Hey,

I have found SUSE Personal version to be VERY easy to install/use and configure, i think of it as a bridge between windows and linux.

I know it is linux but, it allows you to have a nice simple point and click options (like windows), while still being very stable and fast :) (unlike windows) I havnt tried anything big on suse yet, i'll stick to my debian boxen for things that are important :).

Just my 2cents.

Byez.