Re: Exim4 return-path header

In article <[🔎] 200408250019.56269.vive.linuxshadoko@belgacom.net>,
Eddy  <vive.linuxshadoko@belgacom.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I use Exim4 with Sarge and have a little configuration problem regarding
>mail headers.
>
>What should I do in order to have "Return-path" and "Sender" headers added
>by Exim to be exactly the same as the "From" header created by my mail
>client ?

Make sure your mail client calls exim with the correct options
to set this header. I'm not sure if kmail can do that, the right
incantation for mutt is 'set envelope_from'.

Alternatively, let exim listen on port 25 on localhost, and tell
kmail to use SMTP server localhost:25 to deliver mail. Probably
kmail will use the same address for MAIL FROM: and From: and
that will solve your problem nicely.

Mike.
--
The question is, what is a "manamanap".