Re: dpkg / apt equivalent to 'rpm -qf'?

Rthoreau writes:
> Why just use our trusty old friend find?  also you have locate, whereis,
> and a bunch of others, I must say find can do about anything.

How do you propose to get find to tell you which files were created by a
particular package, or which package created a particular file?  File names
often have no obvious connection to the package that created them.

> It seems that you need to use the right tool for the job, and frankly I
> don't see dpkg -S as a good solution. It works for packages that dpkg
> knows about.

The subject is files created by packages installed by dpkg.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)