Re: apt-get and distro aliases

Andreas Janssen wrote:
>>I am now running unstable.  I just tried an update using "unstable"
>>and there was nothing new available.  Then I changed sources.list to
>>"sid" and it retrieved 3217 kB.  However, when I ran upgrade, nothing
>>was upgraded. Can anyone explain this behavior?  Thanks - John
> Apt downloaded the package list. Because you changed the source name
> from unstable to sid, apt assumed this had to be done because the local
> list for the "new" source was missing.

Sorry - i gave slightly misleading info in my post.  I actually ended up
with additional packages to upgrade, and i successfully upgraded them.
Perhaps it was just coincidental timing.

Did you know?  Most email-borne viruses use a false sender address.
Therefore you cannot track down the sender using that address.  Instead,
keep your virus scanning software up-to-date and just delete any
suspicious emails you receive.