Re: /dev/pts/0: Operation not permitted

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:01:12PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:43:19PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> > When I do a su - sysadm on one server with Woody I get the error
> > message in the subject line. That happens only when su to sysadm is
> > being used.
>
> Hmm, try adding the user to the 'tty' group.

15:24:40 js@mxx:/opt/archive$ sudo adduser sysadm tty
Adding user sysadm to group tty...
Done.
15:24:48 js@mxx:/opt/archive$ sudo su - sysadm
/dev/pts/0: Operation not permitted
15:24:54 sysadm@mxx:~$

I have also added js to tty, but it did not make a difference.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the
      Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to
      the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before
      him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and
      a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages,
      should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting
      dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom
      that which shall not be destroyed."
                                    Daniel 7:13,14