How do I mount /dev/sdax at boot?

Hi Y'all,

I must have had a brainfart, but my SATA disk won't mount at boot. I
just upgraded to a 2.6.8 kernel (I cook my own), and as axpected my SATA
disk went from hde to sda, no surprises there.
So I changed my entry in fstab from /dev/hde6 to /dev/sda6.
So, now it looks like this:

/dev/sda6    /home     ext2   defaults    0    2

However, it does not mount at boot. However, going into a tty and
issuing the 'mount /home' command as root works just fine.

so my question is: What have I missed? I have done some googling, and
all I could find are references to /etc/fstab, and fstab looks OK to me.
So my guess is have missed something *very* simple.

TIA

--
Med Vänlig Hälsning / Best Regards

Nicolaus Kedegren