Re: release change

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:54:14 +0200
"Kaiser, Hans" <r_2@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm considering to switch a preproductive machine to testing, which
> will go after one or two months productive. Because it's my first
> branch switch, I have several questions, but previously some word
> definitions I will use:- currentStable (the current stable version
> Deb3.0) - currentTesting (currently the sarge branch)
> - newStable (the new stable Deb3.1 release point maybe end of
> September)- newTesting (current unstable? Don't know how it is called,
> or what it will be)
>
> Now my questions:
> - how will the branch switch from Testing to newStable be realized?
> - how can I tag my installation to a defined branch to stay on the
> currentTesting, which will be equal at the release date with
> newStable? I do not want, that my installation automatically moves
> from currentTesting to newTesting after the releaseDay. Currently I
> have tagged my installation to testing, should I switch the tag to
> sarge?

You don't mention using any apt-pinning, so I'm going to assume you
don't.

As long as you have the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list set to "sarge"
and not "testing" or "stable" you won't have anything to worry about
when Sarge changes from the testing to stable release.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #55:
Given enough time and money, eventually Microsoft will re-invent UNIX.