Re: anonymous proxy

In debian testing -apt-get install  anon-proxy
listcomm@ml1.net wrote:
Can you please point me to the corresponding thread, as it simply
can't be the one at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/08/msg00996.html>,
at least not according to your description.

Yes, that's the one.

I am of course being deliberately extreme in my characterization, but
the essential facts of the matter, viewed from my perspective, are:

(1) I asked a completely innocent question,
(2) I was immediately, arrogantly, and ignorantly accused of wanting to
"spam",
based on no evidence at all,
(3) There is NO evidence that anyone ever understood what was meant
by an anonymous proxy server or a utility for utilizing them,
(4) The thread ended with little or no useful information going in
either direction.

Not that I really *care*, mind you, but... "that's the situation -
there's
the dog."