Re: Xterm, Schmexterm

Stefan O'Rear wrote:

I_HATE_MBOX From the Bash Manual:

# `\['
#      Begin a sequence of non-printing characters.  This could be used to
#      embed a terminal control sequence into the prompt.
# # `\]'
#      End a sequence of non-printing characters.

corrected prompt:
export PS1='\[\033[1;31m\]\h:\w\$\[\033[0;37m\] '

Hello Stefan!

Many thanks for your reply and for the solution offered. It works, of course. :-)

Now if I can only fathom the defoma program, I'll have my typical install finished in no time. This is a pretty straight forward setup here, very simple and lean. But firefox is a challenge because I'm having trouble understanding how to proceed in getting certain fonts to work, standard ones actually. I can find font How To's but no defoma How To which might be more helpful as the man pages on the various defoma commands treat defoma in the abstract rather than providing a context. Might you know of any specifically defoma How To perhaps?

Again, thanks for the corrected prompt.

jlowell