Re: Xterm, Schmexterm

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 08:34:23PM -0400, John Lowell wrote:
> However, if I enter a particularly long command, the program doesn't do
> the wrap-around properly. As it enters the new line it shows the prompt
> again - which it shouldn't, of course - and it erases it as the command
> continues on to completion.

It's not xterm.  It's the shell you're running inside it.  Correct your
custom prompt, making sure that you actually mark the non-printing
characters AS non-printing so that bash will know where the lines end.

You will note that things start behaving again if you remove the custom
prompt.

--
 Marc Wilson |     What fools these morals be!
 msw@cox.net |