Re: ./configure pb or faulty configure.in?

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:17:42 +0200
Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote:

>Hello again!
>
>On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:40:32PM +0200, messmate wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:06:10 +0200
>> Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote:
>> >Can't believe it either, as plain "./configure" runs cleanly on my
>> >local Sarge installation (having libgtk1.2-dev and libxml-dev
>> >installed).
>> >
>> Uhhh.... did you install/compile gshieldconf-40 ??
>
>You claimed the configuring wouldn't work, so I only checked this and
>it worked for me. But nonetheless:
>| $ ( ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install
>DESTDIR=`pwd`/gshieldconf ) > /dev/null| $ tree gshieldconf/
>| gshieldconf/
>| `-- usr
>|     |-- bin
>|     |   `-- gshieldconf
>|     `-- share
>|         `-- gshieldconf
>|             |-- controls.xml
>|             `-- xmlgui.txt
>|
>| 4 directories, 3 files
>
>Can't test the program itself as I don't use gshield...
>
>Cheers,
>Flo

Ouuf,
finally it runs and have setted up on my debian-router.
Works great and tested the firewall from extern.
What i have todo was : installing libxml1-dev !!!
and not libxml2-dev what was installed.
So a part of the ./configure don't work; as you can
see he try detecting also  xml2-config, what was installed.
Thanks again for the help and your time.
Amicalement
mess-mate