Freeze after insert of pcmcia card

Hi,

I have a problem that has been troubling me for some time. Whenever I
plugin my 802.11b PCMCIA netword card my laptop freezes completely and I
have to cut the power. The same thing happens it the PCMCIA card is in
the computer when it boots.

Computer:
  Hi-Grade notino 5400
  Netgear MA401 network card
  Latest debian testing
  Standard Debian kernel image 2.6.7

It is _not_ a hardware problem. The card works perfectly under Windows
XP, and it used to work under Redhat 9.0 before I decided to switch to
debian.

In /var/log/messages I can see that cardmgr is "watching 1 socket", and
that cardmgr is running: "starting, version 3.2.5".

I think that the problem might be with my pcmcia setup, but I have no
idea as to where I should look for clues. If I run "/etc/init.d/pcmcia
stop" befor plugging in the pcmcia card nothing bad happens until I
restart the service (when it freezes). When I restart the pcmcia service
I get "watching 1 socket" and "done" and then I am unable to contact the
machine. It doesn't even respond to ping requests.

In the pcmcia-howto they suggest that there might be a problem with the
ports and memory in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts. I've tried to read the
memory sections from the device driver information under windows and
inserting them in config.opts, But I keep getting the same results.

Can someone help me with this? Or maybe tell me how to remove all
current configurations and may start over.

Cheers,

Claus

PS. My current config.opts looks like this:

#include port 0x100-0x4ff
#include port 0x800-0x8ff
#include port 0xc00-0xcff
#include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
#include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff
#include memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff

include port 0xff40-0xff7f
include port 0xfe00-0xfeff
include port 0xfd00-0xfdff
include memory 0x000df000-0x000dffff
include memory 0xffdff000-0xffdfffff
include memory 0xffdfe000-0xffdfefff
include memory 0xfbdfe000-0xffdfdfff

# High port numbers do not always work...
#include port 0x1000-0x17ff

# Extra port range for IBM Token Ring
#include port 0xa00-0xaff

# Resources we should not use, even if they appear to be available

# First built-in serial port
exclude irq 4
# Second built-in serial port
#exclude irq 3