Re: Delayed mails on debian-user [Now mostly fixed]

Jacob S. wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:52:54 -0400
Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote:

BTW, I didn't see a single delayed message during the whole affair.  I
wonder if this is because I subscribed to this list so many years ago.
If the list manager sends out messages in the order in which people
subscribed, every single gmail customer would be listed after me.

And if it sends them out alphabetically, all gmail users are still
listed after you.

I didn't notice any delays on this list either, but I am in much the
same situation as you (subscribed a few years ago, domain name is before
gmail users when considering alphabetic order).

I've been experiencing delays of days: the list went quiet during the weekend which is not too unusual. Now I am getting more than I can handle except by marking great gobs "read" even when it's not.

It might seem a little extreme, but insubscribing all gmail users with an explanatory note would get gmail to sort it out fairly quickly: it would be snowed under with complaints.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait