Re: [OT] DNS switching & which

begin  quotation of Nori Heikkinen on 2004-08-16 15:57:03 -0400:

> 2. any advice on which dns server package i should use, if i'm to do
> it myself?  i seem to recall hearing the praises of DJBDNS sung, and
> i don't want to start a religious war, but i'm curious if there is a
> recommended beginner's straightforward DNS package out there that i
> should definitely use over all others.

I've used both BIND and DJBDNS and have found DJBDNS to be easier to
configure.  I also feel better about leaving DJBDNS on my server
rather than BIND.  However, you'll probably find more support out
there for BIND (not to say that there won't be sufficent support for
DJBDNS).