OT: Questions or Doubts?

Hopefully this won't offend anyone; I'm just curious.

I often see posts on this list with subject lines like:

 Doubt about Debian Installation

or

 Configuring PS/2 Mouse Doubts

Is this word "doubt" a non-American-English-speaker's word for "question"? And if so, in that person's language, is "doubt" equivalent to "question", or is it just that they don't understand the use of the word?

Or am I totally off-base, and am missing something?

Thanks!

--
Sincerely, your typical ignorant American who doesn't know anything about the rest of the world,
Kent