Re: Microsoft Optical Desktop Pro not working in USB

Bharath Ramesh wrote:

I have a Microsoft Optical Desktop Pro Keyboard and Mouse. When I try
using this using USB I can only either use the mouse or keyboard in
debian. I have had this problems for a long time. I would like to know
if anyone else has had a similar problem. If so did you manage to fix it
and how. I am not subscribed to this list so I would really apreciate it
if you can CC me the reply.
I'm not familiar with either device. I assume these are two separate devices, not an integrated set, and they're both USB. Is that correct?

I assume by "in debian", you actually mean "in X on Debian". Is that correct?

Do you have gpm running? If so, if you Ctrl-Alt-F2 out to VT2, does your mouse work there? Does your keyboard work there?

(btw, just let Paul's response flow by you without stinging; he's a really sharp guy, but he's typically a bit rough around the social edges on this list. He's young and still knows it all; what can you say?)

--
Kent