Re: Microsoft Optical Desktop Pro not working in USB

* Kent West (westk@acu.edu) wrote:
> Bharath Ramesh wrote:
>
> >I have a Microsoft Optical Desktop Pro Keyboard and Mouse. When I try
> >using this using USB I can only either use the mouse or keyboard in
> >debian. I have had this problems for a long time. I would like to know
> >if anyone else has had a similar problem. If so did you manage to fix it
> >and how. I am not subscribed to this list so I would really apreciate it
> >if you can CC me the reply.
> >

> I'm not familiar with either device. I assume these are two separate
> devices, not an integrated set, and they're both USB. Is that correct?

They are two devices which share a common hub. Its basically a wireless
keyboard and mouse. Has a option to either work as ps/2 or USB.

> I assume by "in debian", you actually mean "in X on Debian". Is that
> correct?

I mean that my keyboard doesnt work in console either. I use startx to
get into X which isnt possible because of that. When I just hook up a
ps/2 mouse in USB my mouse works. Which seems like the right modules are
being loaded for it.

> Do you have gpm running? If so, if you Ctrl-Alt-F2 out to VT2, does your
> mouse work there? Does your keyboard work there?
>
> (btw, just let Paul's response flow by you without stinging; he's a
> really sharp guy, but he's typically a bit rough around the social edges
> on this list. He's young and still knows it all; what can you say?)
>
> --
> Kent

Thanks,

Bharath