Re: 2.6.x kernel doubts

John L Fjellstad wrote:

Leonardo Marques <analyser@linuxclube.com> writes:

	Im thinking in upgrade to new kernel line (2.6.x), im using
	debian stable, i wanna know if have some problem between deb
	stable and 2.6.x kernel line. If exists, can i do something?

You can, but like previously mentioned, kernel 2.6 has som
dependencies.  The best way is use the backports.org, and add the
kernel-2.6 line to your source.  The kernel-2.6 directory will have both
the kernel-source and all the updated packages 2.6 needs.

Before committing to 2.6 test its performance. I've discovered disk i/o on my new mobo is about 33% faster on 2.4.26 than 2.6.7.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait