Re: X resolution gnome/wmaker

the resolution is an X parameter, and icon size is a gnome parameter.
for resolution, edit you /etc/X11/XF86config-4 file. everything you need to know is
in the file itself, and for more info refer to the man page : man xfree.

icon sizing is actually very simple with gnome. right click on an icon, and choose "stretch
icon" from the context menu :)

Best Regards,Amir Tal
Whatsup, Hebrew linux portal.
http://www.whatsup.org.il, tal@whatsup.org.il
icq : 15748705,cell : 001-646-296-3835.

Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

Hello,

I just installed Sarge from Netinst (very cool) and have
X11 running. The problem is that the resolution is incredibly high (1600x1200) and I cannot see the icons
or fonts very well.  I am using Wmaker and Gnome as the
desktop.  I have tried to reconfigure using both gnome-conf
and wmakerconf.  Nothing seems to happen.

Using Ctl-Alt+ allows me to change resolution but then the
icons don't fit the desktop.

Any help on how I can change resolution to 1280x968 and increase font/icon size?

lance