Re: X application keyboard snooper

On August 19, 2004 15:47, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:34:47PM -0700, Roy Pluschke wrote:
> > I'm creating some video tutorials (X screen capture movies using xvidcap)
> > and would like to show what keys I'm currently pressing in a small window
> > on the screen.  The utility would have to handle shift-ctrl-alt-meta
> > combinations
>
> % apt-cache search record X11
>
> xmacro - Record / Play keystrokes and mouse movements in X displays
>
> Looks like something you could use.

I have already looked at this, and it doesn't act at all like the name
suggests it would.  It sends your keypresses and mouse movements to a remote
display and sends locally a text formated listing to stdout,  you lose
control of the local display until you press a particular key.  Thanks for
taking the time to reply though.

RJP