Re: usb flash sticks, good as swap partitions? or logging partitions?

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:40:50 +1200
"Steven Jones" <Steven.Jones@vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> just a thought....
>
> I have a 64Meg stick sitting here...was thinking a cascade type
> scenario....swap to flash first off then connventional disk later...
>
> Or possibly use it as a logging "disk" for /var/log as mine are
> getting hammered....

If they're as much like Compact Flash cards as I think they are, I
wouldn't recommend using them for either purpose.

Last I heard Compact Flash cards are only good for a million writes -
which would be exhausted in short order for swap or logging.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #22:
Another name for a Windows tutorial is "crash course"!