Re: usb flash sticks, good as swap partitions? or logging partitions?

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:40:50AM +1200, Steven Jones wrote:
> just a thought....
>
> I have a 64Meg stick sitting here...was thinking a cascade type scenario....swap to flash first off then connventional disk later...
Linux has a "priority" feature for swap areas.

from my fstab:
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw                      0       0

sample:
/dev/MySwapDrive	none	swap	sw,pri=1	0	0
/dev/MyFlashStick	none	swap	sw,pri=2	0	0

(Warning - I haven't actually tried this)
(Warning - Murphy/Finagle's Law: You WILL pull out the swap while the system is
           on, and you WON'T put it back in in time to avoid a kernel panic.)