Re: apt showing all dependencies?

Michael wrote:
I wondering if there's a way to show all the dependencies and sub-
dependencies of package foo?

apt-cache will show the dependencies for a particular package, but it doesn't show the dependencies of those dependencies.

If I get your meaning, apt-rdepends is the package you want:

 This utility can recursively list package dependencies, either forwards
 or in reverse.  It also lists forward build-dependencies.  The output
 format closely resembles that of `apt-cache depends`.  As well, it can
 generate .dot graphs, much like apt-cache in dotty mode"

--dircha