Re: On downloading Debian ISOs

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:38:23 +1200, "Simon Kitching"
<simon@ecnetwork.co.nz> said:

> Just as a side-note, I hope you didn't download the "Woody" (Debian 3.0)
> files. The new release is due out *very* soon, and is a major
> improvement over the previous version. Unless you are are intending to
> set up a production server, you will probably be best off downloading
> the "testing" version, ie what will become the stable version shortly.
> In particular, the installation process is vastly improved.

Oops! :) I downloaded the Debian 3.0r2 ISO (the first and half of the
second). Guess I'll wait till 3.1 is released then, right?

Thanks a lot for writing that in. Would have been a tragedy for me to
realize that after downloading with so much effort, a new version has
been released! :)

Rakhesh

ps. Is it me, or does everyone NOT get copies of mails they send to the
list? I noted in the confirmation mail from this list that by default my
mails will be returned to me, but I do not seem to be getting any.
Strange ...