Re: Sarge-SoundCard

Roger Creasy wrote:

I am a newbie so, please be patient and complete :).
I went though the installation of Sarge and everything works fine, except my WiFi card (I am addressing this one with NDISWrapper, questions to follow... probably) and my sound card. Can anyone offer any insight into getting my sound card set up?

Run "lspci" to see what chipset you're using (assuming a PCI device). Then you'll need to make sure the correct module is installed for that chipset. Sometimes you can guess by the chipset's name; sometimes you'll need to google for it.

You can insert the module via "modconf" or "modprove" + adding the module(s) to /etc/modules.

You'll also need to be a member of the audio group ("adduser roger audio" followed by;; logout/login).

--
Kent