Re: On downloading Debian ISOs

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:31:24 +0200, "Mark Janssen" <maniac@maniac.nl>
said:
> On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 10:59, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> > Unfortunately the proxy and firewalls here do not allow me to use jigdo
>
> Jigdo should be regular HTTP so that should work ?

It should? Guess I must check it once again then. I tried running jigdo
and it gave some errors ... but then I was too pressed for time here and
so assumed its prolly something to do with the proxy and firewall etc
(that's the reason bit torrent doesn't work for me, and I had spent a
lot of time trying to get that to work).

> > or bit-torrent, and so the only way for me to download the ISOs are by
> > downloading them directly. Over a day or two I managed to download the
> > first of the ISO files. After downloading, I figure that maybe I should
> > have downloaded the non-US version -- frankly, I hadn't noticed that
>
> Nope... it'll work with the regular (us) version just as well ;)

Thanks for that. :)

> Debian is BIG, but you only need a netinst cd-image to get to a point
> where you can run debian and install the rest via the internet
> (http/ftp/nfs)
>
> With CD1 and 2 you should have more then enough to get a working system

Yes, I figured. Some 8000+ packages right? Boy! :) :) So CD1 and CD2
should be more than enough to get things started ... great! Thanks
again!

Rakhesh