Re: Fonts, What Else

Brian Pack wrote:
I'm not sure, but I'd love to see the answer to this one as well. I've
been in the habit of running gnome-control-center as soon as I start
flux to get the font size I want. it's not as bas as when I was running
SuSE, but GNOME fonts outside GNOME were always much larger than from
within.

Hi Brian,

Mine is not so much a question of the appearance of the fonts as it is the appearance of the fonts, if you'll excuse the play on words. :-)

I'm concerned that no one on this very large and active mailing list has been able to suggest a way forward for me to date. I'm not one simply to throw out a question without first having sought on my own to find an answer and my research has not helped to date. It seems odd to me that I can't see the usual fonts that are made available in x. xfontsel shows them but they dont seem usable for some reason. And, as I mentioned above, output from running fc-cache -fv reveals nothing helpful. I really don't know how to approach the problem at this point. Something's wrong when you can't find helvetica, eh?

Regards.

jlowell