any have success with qingy under debian

I tried installing qingy lately (I gui replacement for getty), since it
looks like a lighter and nicer replacement for wdw and friends.

I haven't however managed to get it working, it runs, but fails to log
in, and on vt switch leaves the screen stuck with its
background. Version 0.4.0 worked from command line but not from
inittab, 0.4.1 won't do that either.

Anyone have any success with with debian ? (how did you get it to work,
and what debian version)

Thanks