Re: howto add xfree86

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 06:44:15AM +0700, mk2@nerdshack.com wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> i installed Woody 3.0 r2 on my computer, then download
> xfree86-4.3-JoeyHess (about 150MB).

I have no idea what that is, where did you download it from? In what
form is it shipped (deb, tar.gz, ...)?

> Howto add that package into my Debian to run X?

You can just apt-get install the x packages (you need at least the
xserver, some fonts, a window manager. there is are dependency packages
called x-windows-system and x-windows-system-core that bring in the
whole x-windows installation, or just the essentials to make things
easier. You can also go to www.backports.org for a newer X version for
woody.