Debian PPC Console?

Any PPC users lurking about here? I just finished tinkering with OpenDarwin, but think I'm returning to the Debian nest. A question, though:

I'll be using the PPC version of Sarge. But text in the console (not text in X) is clipped on the left edge of the screen. ("Linux is printed "inux" on my iMac monitor.) This clipping doesn't happen in OpenDarwin, so I have to think there is a graphic driver, or some setting, missing from Linux. Can anyone shed any more light on this subject.

Ed