Re: Internet Explorer 6 on Debian Unstable

Steve Lamb wrote:

John Summerfield wrote:
As for the advisability of running Internet Exploder at all, see the
recent advice at slate.msn.net. Slate is _owned_ by Microsoft, and for
those who don't wish to check, the advice is "use firefox."

   For some of us it isn't an option.  I'd love to ditch Windows and only go
with IE6 under Linux if I could.  Or OSX.  It is the only piece of software
that is preventing me from ditching 2k completely on my work laptop.  And why
is that?  Because the proprietary web tools my work has built only work with
IE6.  :(

Show the article. Tell them some people (I am one) _will not_ use IE to go outside a site I control (I used it on a Mac once to cinfigure a router when Safari wouldn't work. I now can choose firefox and mozilla before Safari and IE hasn't figured since then).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait