Re: ZIP drive question (redu).

Hi;

I'm not exactly sure what I did to make this (sort of) work; maybe downloading mtools did it (I could not get iwlcontainer-lnx-x86-10.tgz from Iomega (http://www.iomega.com/software/ ) to work). Anyway I can now mount, see and read data on the zip disk.

However. When I tried to copy a directory onto the disk it sort of when berserk. I can hear it accessing repeatedly for 15 min. I could not kill -9 the cp command (!?!) . I finally rebooted to get the disk out. I put the disk in a windoz machine: some of the copying seemed to have worked but with shortened (8 character upper case) names (I don't know much about fat vs other format but this looks like the problem). I've put the disk back into the Linux box and on mount /mnt/zip (no cp command) it has gone back into this clicking/access mode. "umount: /mnt/zip: device is busy" So ... what now?

kyle

Re: ZIP drive question..