Re: Gphoto2 -- Sony DSC F707V Driver?

  ahuxley> Does the version of the gphoto libraries support this
  ahuxley> camera? Verify this.

Yes.

  ahuxley> And if you use 'gphoto -P -R' directly instead of gtkam,
  ahuxley> what error message do you get?

Gobs, but see below ...

  ahuxley> Also try the above command as root; does that work?

Yes!  So obviously (once you walked me through a solution) a
"permissions problem".  I'll follow the URLs you provided ...

All of my USB usage under 'sarge' is shaky at best ... so before going
much further, I'm going to study various USB docs.

Thanks, Alexis, for your *very* pointed, informed, specific, and
helpful advice!

Gotta Love the Debian community support ...

  -Kenneth