Re: Problems with mouse responsiveness

bdee002 wrote:

I have a PS/2 optical mouse with 3 buttons the 3rd also being the roller-wheel. It is currently configured as below:

/dev/psaux
imps/2
Disabled: Enable 3 button mouse
Disabled: Enable scroll events from mouse wheel

The mouse works in all respects, except that it is non-responsive when the mouse is moved slowly. If I move the mouse across my deck slowly there is no response, once I start to increase the speed the cursor moves as you would except. I have played around with the sensitivity etc with no solution.

As you can Imagen, when doing delicate work with a mouse like this, it would drive anyone MAD!

Missing info:
I presume that's from your GPM config. Unless you're using GPM (I'm not) that is irrelevant.
What version of Debian?
What brand and model mouse?

What X config?

I'm using a Logitech optical USB mouse on Sarge and have no problem. Here is the relevant config:
Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
       Driver          "mouse"
       Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
       Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
       Option          "Buttons"       "5"
#       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Some brands are likely to require a different protocol.

This is from my Progeny box:
Section "InputDevice"
# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
       Identifier  "DevInputMice"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

It works with my IBM USB keyboard with a PS/2 mouse plugged into it:-) Progeny created this setup with no USB mouse installed.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait