How do I use the apache2 documentation?

I have installed apache2 on sarge and have the following problems to
read the documentation:

Doing a "w3m localhost" after the installation brings me to the
default index.html page with a link:

More documentation on Apache can be found on:

  * The Apache documentation stored on your server.

When I select this link, the following happens:
==============
Not Found

The requested URL /doc/apache/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.49 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.99_14 Perl/v5.8.4
PHP/4.3.4 mod_ruby/1.2.0 Ruby/1.8.2
(2004-07-16) Server at localhost Port 80
=============

So then I went to /var/www/apache2-default and found an index.html
there and again select the link referring to the documentation with
the same result.

I then did a "dpgk -L apache2-doc" and saw the manual was in
/usr/share/doc/apache2-doc/manual.  I then, from
/var/www/apache2-default did "ln -sv
/usr/share/doc/apache2-doc/manual .",  tried again and then got

URI: index.html.de Content-Language: de Content-type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 URI:
index.html.en Content-Language: en Content-type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 URI:
index.html.ja.jis Content-Language: ja Content-type: text/html;charset=ISO-2022-JP URI:
index.html.ko.euc-kr Content-Language: ko Content-type: text/html;charset=EUC-KR URI:
index.html.ru.koi8-r Content-Language: ru Content-type: text/html;charset=KOI8-R

There is an "install.html" in /usr/share/doc/apache2-doc/manual which,
when I load it, gives the same output just replacing "index" with
"install".

So I is this supposed to work?  I suspect some xml-stuff is needed,
but what?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men
      ought always to pray, and not to faint."
                                             Luke 18:1