Re: Re: rick to burning a bootable Debian CD?

Greetings,

  The problem has been solved. After noticing that the resulting burned CD-RW was readable and bootable on other PCs, and after comparing the boot blocks of both the burned and purchased CDs were very similar, Janet (my wife) suggested that the CDROM drive (of the PC on which I wanted to install Debian) might be too old to recognize the burned CD-RW. She was exactly right. The drive was replaced with a new one, the PC booted from the new Debian CD-RW, and Debian has now been installed. So there is some difference in readability between the purchased and burned CDs (format?).

  Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

  Now I'll move on to setting up the Stealth64 VRAM video card!