Networking not working after dist-upgrade

I just ran `apt-get dist-upgrade` after about a month of not updating my system. Everything went fine until a reboot when my networking stopped working. My wireless networking card got switched from eth1 to eth2 and eth2 got switched to eth1. No biggy, I thought. I just ran ifup eth2 and got my dhcp request taken care of. But it still does not access the network. Whether i'm hardwired in or not, I cannot get anywhere. It doesn't tell me that the network is unavailable, everything just stalls. I run a ping and it just sits there forever....any ideas?