Re: Not being detected as burner

On 10 Aug 2004, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Scott Mohnkern <scott@mohnkern.com> [2004 Aug 10 14:54 -0500]:
> > I've got a CD R/W on my Debian (386) box, and it works fine as a CD
> > reader, but how do I get it detected as a burner?
>
> If you're using a 2.6 kernel, then you can simply set up xcdroast as
> root and you should be good to go (I assume your CDRW is an IDE
> device).

[snip]

Not in my experience: xcdroast keeps complaining that the drive should
be scsi and that it will be very slow as atapi. In fact, it entirely
failed to run for me; I gave up and went to cdrecord.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic