Re: Not being detected as burner

* Scott Mohnkern <scott@mohnkern.com> [2004 Aug 10 14:54 -0500]:
> I've got a CD R/W on my Debian (386) box, and it works fine as a CD
> reader, but how do I get it detected as a burner?

If you're using a 2.6 kernel, then you can simply set up xcdroast as
root and you should be good to go (I assume your CDRW is an IDE
device).  If you're using a 2.4 kernel then you'll need to set up the
ide-scsi kernel module per the CD Writing HOWTO.  If your CDRW is a
SCSI device, you should just be able to set up xcdroast as root and go.
You'll need to set appropriate group permissions on the cd device and
add the users you want to give write access to that group (I used the
cdrom group).

HTH,

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.