Re: woody's fate wrt security update

Hello

David Garamond (<lists@zara.6.isreserved.com>) wrote:

> I'm new to Debian, planning to install Sarge probably after Sarge
> becomes stable. (But I do have access to a Woody box, so I have
> started familiarizing myself with Debian.)
>
> Speaking of Sarge becoming stable and starts getting security updates,
> what will happen to Woody? Will Woody still gets security update, and
> for how long? Will Woody users be strongly urged to update to Sarge?

I think Potato got security updates for about six months after Woody
became stable, so there should be plenty time for most users to
upgrade. You should not keep using Woody after support by the security
team ends, unless you are willing to deal with the security problems on
your own.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270