Re: Caching Apt Files

Carlos Sousa wrote:

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:17:36 -0500 Jacob S. wrote:
I've been using apt-proxy, and see apt-cacher mentioned some as well.
(I'm using apt-proxy 1.3.6 from Testing, not 1.9.5 from Unstable.)
So, anyone with experience using apt-cacher, or better yet, both
apt-cacher and apt-proxy? I would appreciate hearing other people's
thoughts and experiences.

I've been using apt-cacher for over 2 months now, and it serves its
purpose well. I've upgraded it 5 times over this period, so it's not
exactly unmaintained (this should allay your fears over lack of
documentation ;)

Once in a long while it chokes on a package (something about MD5sum
mismatch), just delete it from the cache and it'll be refetched just
fine.

No experience with apt-proxy.

Personally, Irather like Squid. It caches what I use (debian or not, debs or not), and I supplement it with a mirror populated by sneakernet.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait