Re: How popular is Debian (popularity contest)

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 07:45:34PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> George Roman wrote:
>
> >" right" is a relative word. debian is the right choice for me, if others
> >(people who use other dist) prefer to reinstall their systems with each
> >new release it is their business.
> >

> Which distros need to be reinstalled for each new release?

Slackware used to; I don't know if it still does.  Patrick V. told me
at Comdex ~8 years ago that he wasn't interested in in-place upgrades.
Maybe he's changed his mind?  In any case, it prompted us to switch to
Debian at some point.  Nice guy, though.

--Pete