Re: scripts Re: [Rant] The Endless Search for a Mail Client That Doesn't Suck

> there's a gui for mh too

Yes... thanks for reminding me, I was going to say something about that,
for the benefit of whoever is bemoaning his mail system...

it's "exmh" (formerly "xmh"), and is implemented AFAIK entirely in TCL,
which can be customized to change the GUI (or blow it off the air and
cause you lots of work) as you please.

Thus far, I haven't Gotten Around To customizing the GUI the way I've
hacked the shell commands...  but if you were bent on being able to
access whatever modifications you'd implemented for the shell commands
via the GUI, you could just add buttons to invoke them, or (presumably)
reconfigure the GUI appearance.

I've got MH and exmh installed and running on Woody, but I'm still
attempting to get outgoing mail working...

> sounds like the mta was not hardened ... users should not be able
> to change the mta config files

Oh, I know...  and with good reason...  but that never deterred me.