Re: Bogus reply-to

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
Alvin Oga <aoga@ns.Linux-Consulting.com> wrote:

> hi ya "keep it in the list" :-0
>
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
> > Yup. I realize this.  I'm just so frustrated.  If I request no cc's
> > in my sig, I get tons of mail telling me that I should use the
> > headers instead.  If I use the headers, I get cc'd.  Actually, I got
> > cc'd even with the request right there in the bloody sig.
>
> <rant>
> using the email address of those that replied to your posts is
> an extreme rude thing to do .... and further, you do NOT have
> permission to use my domain name in emails *-you sent-*
>
> 	"keep it in the list <user@Mail.Linux-x-Consulting.com>"

That's your mail server or client changing localhost to
Mail.Linux-x-Consulting.com. Her Reply-To shows up as "user@localhost"
here on my computer.

Also note that it's just the Reply-To showing up as
Mail.Linux-x-Consulting.com - not the From line. Mail-Followup-To
effectively sets the Reply-To as being the mailing list, for mail
clients that honor it, yet nobody accuses people of misusing the list
address.

> 	( not that i'd care ... but ... it will mean you'd be treated
> 	( differently in the mailing list here ... :-)
> </rant>

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #25:
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."