Re: Building two servers

Tyan makes some interesting boards, but I donŽt know if they eventually have problems with Debian. HowŽs your experience with them? --- IŽve been looking for a hardware compatibility list, but didnŽt find any decent information yet.

Which kind of processors can you recommend, AMD (Opteron?) or some Intel?

_I_ would go for Opteron. If you are interested in a mainstream vendor, IBM, Sun and even HP have Opteron systems, and all support Linux.

You could also check Apple - at least one US vendor can ship Apple kit sans OSX, and if you want a 64-bit OS on your Mac today, the choice is "Which Linux?"

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait