Re: Need help with new 5-button mouse

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:57:41 -0500, John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed a new 5-button Fellowes mouse;  4-buttons & a scrolling
> wheel. I have tried the autops2 setting   & the right, left, & wheel(button)
> function work but the scrolling function does not. I also tried the fups2, &
> brw drivers  whith similar results. I have the mouse connected through a ps2
> port using a usb adapter.

I don't know what autops2 en fups2 do. I use ImPS/2 for protocol in X
and then some ZAxis setting for the scroll wheel.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
EndSection

Device points to the one from the USB driver I guess.

> 1. Is there a possibility that the native usb driver will work properly? It is
> installed but I never used it. I would have to buy an extension cord for
> that.

usually works.

> 2. Any one else have this type of mouse working.

no I allways buy logitech (they really make the best mouses IMHO)

> 3. Any ideas or suggestions.

well, see above :)

greets,
Wim